Brought to a Family Medical Clinic with a broken arm, 5-year-old Kensley Kirby never left the hospital again. She died from a lethal dose of lidocaine, a local anesthesia.
Her parents "went from picking the color of the cast with their daughter to basically being with her as she died," the family´s attorney said.
A professor of anesthesia said that like any other drug, lidocaine can be deadly if overdosed. He added that if the doctor in charge was used to treating adults, he might have given too much lidocaine for the body of a little girl.