29 people, aged between 23 and 56, "were found stumbling around and talking in gibberish" Friday after visiting a homeopathy conference in Handoloh, Germany. The men and women reportedly took a hallucinogenic drug and were taken to a hospital.
Blood and urine tests showed they had taken 2C-E, an LSD-like drug that has been illegal in Germany since 2014. "It must have been a multiple overdose," Torsten Passie, a member of the German government´s narcotics commission, says.
Authorities are now investigating if Germany’s Narcotics Act was violated and if the attendees ingested the drug knowingly.